Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Mindful Counseling Center is an in-network provider for many health insurances. Please contact your insurance provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
We are in-network (“preferred”) providers for a number of plans, including Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield (including Omnia, NJ Direct and Federal Employee Plan), Aetna, Cigna, Medicare, Northeast Carpenters Fund, Amerihealth, Optum and United Healthcare.
We do not accept Medicaid (including NJ Family Care).
We can also work with you on an out-of-network basis.
Please contact our office to verify coverage of our services, including any co-pays or other costs that may be applicable.
We recommend asking these questions of your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- What is my co-pay for mental health services?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Do I have co-insurance costs for mental health services?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
Rates vary – our practice is primarily insurance-based but we do take self-pay.
We accept cash, checks and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
If you have questions about using your health insurance, please contact us. We have many years of experience in navigating insurance benefits. We look forward to hearing from you!