Insurance & Rates
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for your psychotherapy costs to be covered in full or in part. You can contact your insurance provider/employee benefit plan to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy.
We are in-network (“preferred”) providers for a number of plans, including Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield (including Omnia, NJ Direct and Federal Employee Plan), Aetna, Cigna, Medicare, Northeast Carpenters Fund, Amerihealth, Optum and United Healthcare. We do not accept Medicaid (including NJ Family Care).
If we are an in-network provider for your plan, your provider typically pays us an agreed-upon rate for psychotherapy services provided to you. However, you plan may require you to meet a yearly deductible before you can access this benefit and/or may require you pay us a co-pay for services.
We can also work with you if you have out-of-network (OON) health insurance benefits. With OON benefits, you typically pay psychotherapy fees upfront, but may be able to receive a percentage of reimbursement for the fees from your plan, after meeting your yearly deductible.
You can contact our office to verify your plan’s coverage of our services, including any co-pays or other out-of-pocket costs that may be applicable.
We recommend asking these questions of your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- What is my co-pay for mental health services?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Do I have co-insurance costs for mental health services?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Is psychotherapy for the issue I am seeking help for covered under my plan? Are there any restrictions?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
- If I have out-of-network benefits, what is the process for requesting reimbursement for psychotherapy expenses? What percentage of my costs are covered? Are there restrictions on what is covered?
Rates vary – our practice is primarily insurance-based, but we do take self-pay.
For self-pay clients (those not using/planning to use health insurance/employee assistance plans), click here for a good faith estimate of psychotherapy costs provided through the Mindful Counseling Center.
We accept cash, checks and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a scheduled session, please contact us to cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged a $50 fee per session you do not show up for or cancel without 24-hours notice.
Any Other Questions
If you have questions about using your health insurance, contact us. We have many years of experience in navigating insurance benefits. We look forward to hearing from you!