Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try?
If this sounds like you, the Mindful Counseling Center can help. We offer the most useful forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you seek. When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to solely taking anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem. Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Excessive worry
- Nervousness, restlessness or tension
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than your anxious feelings
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help you to: uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears; learn how to relax; look at situations in a new, less frightening way; and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills. Call us today to schedule an appointment to get started with therapy!